Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2020

Kiwi Can

IALT: Write a reflection about the second lesson of kiwi can for term two.

Today at kiwi can we were learning about resilience and perseverance. We played a couple games of octopus. Each time we made it harder for the taggers. Then we started talking about how we showed resilience in the game. The next game we played was red light green light. One person stands by  the wall. If the person calls out green light you run. Orange/yellow light you walk and red light you freeze. If you move you go to the start.After a couple rounds of that we played a similar game. Instead of green light, red light and orange/yellow light it was motorbike, car and airplane. When we finished the game we sat in a circle and said the resilience catchphrase. Which is 'when times get tough I don't dispare, I jump back up and persevere'.
I enjoyed playing octopus, I found it challenging to find a gap to run through when playing, I joined in all the games and I learnt that you should always join in. Have you done kiwi can before?

1 comment:

  1. Salve, I am Manvi from St Mary’s School.
    I really liked how your class tries new games and I'm glad you haven't played it so it's a new game for everyone to learn and enjoy.
    This reminds me of how our class discovers new games each day, My current favourite is a game named Pattern Ball.
    Maybe you could try another game and record it then put it on your blog.
    Please visit my blog
    here

    Mā te wā
    Manvi.

    ReplyDelete