Pages

Monday 20 April 2020

My reading comprehension questions

IALT: Figure out the answers to my comprehension questions about the text I am reading.
The text I am reading is rising seas. I had seven comprehension questions to answer.
1. What percentage of water on Earth is made up of oceans? 97% of water on Earth is made up of oceans. 2. Why are sea levels rising? Sea levels are rising because of global warming. 3. Are rising sea levels getting better or worse? How do you know that? Sea levels are getting worse and I know this because the levels rise every year and they also don't slow down. 4. What are the effects on rising sea levels? Rising seas cause roads,crops and houses to be destroyed. They also cause cyclones. 5. In what year did the port of Auckland see its highest sea level? What was the sea level at? In about 2002 was at 19. 6. How did the rainfall affect Australia? The rainfall didn't really affect Australia because it was so dry that it soaked up all the rain like a giant sponge. 7. Without researching how do you think we could help prevent sea levels from rising? I think if we help global warming get better it can make a difference for rising sea levels.
Those were my comprehension questions. In purple was the question and the blue was my answer. What do you think we could do to help rising seas?

No comments:

Post a Comment