Pages

Monday 27 July 2020

Matariki art

WALT: Upload our matariki art and describe how we made it.

For the last couple days we have been focusing on making matariki art. The fist step was to get one big star template and a small one. Then we got an A3 piece of paper and traced the stars on to it. Next we drew patterns onto all four stars. After that we coloured in the patterns. The next step was to cut out the stars and then glue them on an A3 black paper. The two big stars went at the back and the small stars went at the front. The final step was to cut the star out and leave about a centimetre of the black paper around the star. Here is what mine turned out like.

My favourite part of the star would be the front star, I mostly enjoyed colouring it in and I could improve by making the back star have more detail.
What star is your favourite?

1 comment:

  1. Talofa lava, I am Manvi from St Mary’s School.
    I really liked how you did something to celebrate Matariki in your class. We also did some 3D Matariki art.
    This reminds me of my class and myart that we did by connecting the different star meanings and glueing them to each other.
    Maybe next time you could make a screencastify and saying the different star meanings. Why do you think Matariki is so important to Maori people?
    Please visit my blog
    here

    Mā te wā
    Manvi.

    ReplyDelete