Pages

Saturday 28 March 2020

Turtles

IALT: Write a fact file about sea turtles.
Did you know that sea turtles don't have ears but they are not deaf? The scientific name for turtles is testudines. Some predators of sea turtles are sharks, killer whales, ghost crabs and many more. They eat lobsters, crustaceans and fish. Although green sea turtles prefer grasses and leatherbacks feed mostly on jellyfish. They nest on tropical and subtropical beaches. They migrate long distances to feed, often crossing entire oceans. Sea turtles can live up to 100 years and they have been around since the dinosaurs.

The Top 4 Countries to Volunteer with Sea Turtles | Go Overseas

I mostly enjoyed finding a picture. I chose to write about sea turtles because they are my spirit animal. What is your spirit animal?

1 comment:

  1. Lots of interesting facts here Peyton! I find it amazing that turtles can live longer than most humans can!!
    I am pretty sure my spirit animal is a Woodpecker - a type of bird.

    ReplyDelete